Best Options For Exercising During 2nd Trimester 0
Exercising during 2nd trimester is an effective means of enjoying a healthier, more comfortable and safer pregnancy. Certain exercises are necessary during this period because these aim to perform the following functions:
- Prepare your entire body for delivery and labor
- Promote a positive feeling about yourself
- Reduce pain and discomfort associated with pregnancy especially during labor
- Help in maintaining or developing good posture despite the bulging baby bump
- Bring back your pre-pregnancy weight easier and faster
- Easier and faster recovery after delivering your baby
But because your body and health are still in a very sensitive state during pregnancy, you need to collect information about the safest guidelines and means of exercising during 2nd trimester. This also means that certain movements that were allowed during the first trimester are not going to be allowed now.
While it is safe to perform daily exercises when you are on your 2nd trimester, it is still advisable for you to pay close attention to the signals of your body and stop the routines immediately if you feel that you are already feeling tired. Consider simplifying or shortening your workout routines as soon as you notice that your belly expands and the symptoms of your pregnancy have already changed.
Depending on the duration of your workout routines, it might also be necessary to increase your daily consumption of calories. You also need to monitor your heart rate and stop exercising right away if you deal with the following symptoms since these are signs that your exercises are too hard or too long for you:
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Belly pain
- Lower back pain
- Bleeding or unusual vaginal discharge
- Dehydration or overheating
You should also know that the following exercises are among those that are highly recommended for pregnant women on their 2nd trimester:
1. Running and Jogging. If your body is already accustomed to running prior to your pregnancy, then be aware that it is safe for you to continue this routine now that you are pregnant as long as you do it in moderation. Note that as you reach your 2nd trimester, you get a larger uterus that causes your body’s center of gravity to shift. Because of these changes, there is a great possibility for you to lose your balance. Running on flat ground without too many obstacles is a wise move since this prevents you from dealing with health issues especially injuries that often result from losing your balance.
2. Water Aerobics and Swimming. If you are already a swimmer, then rest assured that continuing your swimming routines without extreme difficulty even if you are pregnant is possible. But if you are still new to this routine, then you should consider starting slow by doing a gentle swim for a short duration. You should also avoid overexerting yourself. You can gradually increase your duration if you want. Still, it is best to perform moderate swimming and water aerobics especially if you are a previously inactive woman. This activity is beneficial because it reduces your need for analgesia once you are in labor.
3. Walking. Exercising during 2nd trimester won’t be complete if you don’t allow yourself to walk on a frequent basis. When walking, focus on maintaining a good posture while also keeping your hips tucked under since this can help in preventing your back from arching because of your increased weight.